Weeknight Beef Pot Pie
This simple yet comforting Beef Pot Pie can be made family-style or in individual crocks
4# Lighthouse Beef Stew (Approx. 2 quarts)
1 Thawed Puff Pastry Sheet
1 tablespoon milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 375 and make sure a baking rack is in the upper third of the oven.
- Spread stew into shallow casserole dish approximately 9 x 13 or smaller. (If the pan is too deep and the stew is too far down from the sides of the baking dish, the puff pastry crust may not fully brown in the middle.)
- Roll out the puff pastry large enough to cover and slightly overlap the baking dish.
- Gently lay the puff pastry over the beef stew in the dish and crimp the sides to hold on to the pan.
- Beat the egg with the tablespoon of milk and brush the mixture over the entire puff pastry, sprinkle with salt.
- With a sharp knife, cut three slits in the middle of the crust to allow for steam to escape
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for 30-35 minutes. If the crust does not fully brown, cover the edges with tin foil and bake until the crust is done.