Creamy Shrimp & Scallop Pasta
Lighthouse Cream of Crab soup is simmered and tossed with freshly cooked al dente pasta and pan seared scallops and shrimp.
One large serving or two pasta course servings.
- 1 cup Lighthouse Cream of Crab Soup
- 4 large sea scallops and 5 jumbo shrimp, patted dry and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound pasta of choice
- fresh minced parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Boil salted water and add 1/2 lb pasta of choice* cook until just al dente.
- While pasta is cooking heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat.
- Sear scallops for 2-3 minutes per side, set aside on a clean plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and sauté shrimp until pink and fully cooked 2-3 minutes per side, set cooked shrimp aside with scallops.
- Reduce heat to medium low, option to clean out sauce pan (especially if the butter fat became burnt during cooking), or use pan drippings for extra flavor; add 1 cup Cream of Crab. Simmer.
- When pasta is cooked to just al dente, add to the Cream of Crab and simmer for 2-5 minutes allowing the pasta to absorb the flavor.
- Add shrimp and scallops back to pan and toss to coat and warm through.
- Serve with optional parsley.
*Note: Higher quality ‘bronze cut’ pasta varieties tend to absorb the flavor of sauces and give a better ‘bite’ to pasta dishes.