Maintenance Technician – Boston Salads/Lighthouse Soups
Boston Salads/Lighthouse Soups is an innovative creator of fresh, healthy salads, soups and deli entrees for the New England region with three Boston locations. We are proud of our excellent products and our manufacturing operation located right in the city of Boston, employing local staff. We also have FREE PARKING at all of our locations and great benefits, including Tufts HMO (NOT a high deductible plan), free dental, free life insurance, free short-term disability insurance, 401(k) with match and no vesting, and so much more. Learn more about us at: http://www.bostonsalads.com.
The Maintenance Technician will be experienced working in an industrial facility, preferably a refrigerated food manufacturing facility. This full-time hourly position is Monday-Friday, first shift, and may include some Saturday projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Executes all projects of plant equipment and repairs around a busy production schedule
- Works with contractors such as electricians, refrigeration contractors, plumbers, etc.
- Follows plans and strategies for the effective preventive maintenance and upkeep of equipment
- Maintains inventory for spare parts, replacement parts and performs general maintenance on OEM and custom fabricated equipment.
- Maintains tool quality, proper tool care and tool inventory during repair
- Can work independently and knows when to discuss maintenance issues with supervisor; reports equipment issues to Manager immediately as discovered
- Communicates with team members on plant issues and works to improve plant operations
- May fill in for other maintenance staff in nearby locations during vacations, etc.
- High school education a must; additional technical education preferred
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English
- General all-around mechanical knowledge; ability to troubleshoot and solve basic problems
- Significant knowledge in AC motors, gear reducers and pumps
- Working knowledge of equipment electrical, i.e. starters, temp controls, relays controls, single and three-phase electrical
- Working knowledge of plumbing
- Knowledge of HVAC required; ammonia refrigeration systems experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of food grade welding techniques a plus
- Understanding of blueprints, drawings, schematics
- Computer proficiency; good math skills
- Must be able to take direction and work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cold/refrigerated environment
- Ability to lift within OSHA guidelines
- Ability to be a positive force in the workplace; respect and collaborate with all employees
Qualified applicants should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your city and state and your personal email address.