Senior Maintenance Engineer – Food Manufacturing
Boston Salads/Lighthouse Soups is an innovative creator of fresh, healthy salads, soups and deli entrees for the New England region with three Boston locations. We are proud of our excellent products and our manufacturing operation located right in the city of Boston, employing local staff. We also have FREE PARKING at all of our locations and great benefits, including Tufts HMO (NOT a high deductible plan), free dental, free life insurance, free short-term disability insurance, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, and so much more. Learn more about us at: http://www.bostonsalads.com.
Boston Salads is searching for an experienced Maintenance Engineer. The ideal candidate will be familiar with working in a refrigerated food manufacturing facility.
This full-time position is Monday-Friday, first shift and pays overtime. Flexibility with hours a must, including being on-call when needed; may work some Saturdays.
- Executes all projects of plant equipment and repairs around a busy production schedule
- Coordinates with production planning for effective equipment maintenance with minimal production down time
- Works with contractors such as electricians, refrigeration contractors, plumbers, etc.
- Follows plans and strategies for the effective preventive maintenance and upkeep of equipment
- Will frequently work independently; knows when to discuss maintenance issues with supervisor; keeps Facilities Manager apprised immediately of all equipment issues
- Creates work orders, maintains inventory for replacement parts and performing general maintenance on OEM and custom fabricated equipment
- With the Facilities Manager, maintains an essential spare parts/inventory program; maintains tool quality, proper tool care and tool inventory during repair
- Communicates with team members on plant issues and works to improve plant operations
- May fill in for other maintenance team members in nearby (one block) locations during vacations, etc.
- High school diploma required; some additional technical education preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in food manufacturing production equipment maintenance and repair in a wash-down environment
- Ability to be a positive force in the workplace; respect and collaborate with all employees
- Knowledge of OSHA, HACCP and SQF
- General all-around mechanical knowledge
- Significant knowledge in AC motors, gear reducers and pumps; electrical, i.e. starters, temp controls, relays controls, single and three phase electrical; basic plumbing
- Working knowledge of food-grade welding techniques
- Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems is a plus
- Understanding of blueprints, drawings, schematics
- Proactive – prevents issues through addressing problem at its source; able to troubleshoot and solve mechanical and electrical issues
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English
- Computer proficiency and good math skills; detail-oriented and accurate
- Must be able to take direction in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cold/refrigerated environment
- Ability to lift within OSHA guidelines
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
Qualified applicants — please email resume to email@example.com.