Boston Salads/Lighthouse Soups is an innovate creator of healthy, ready to eat deli salads, soups, desserts, entrees and side dishes for the New England region. We are also a New England distributor for Dietz and Watson deli products. We are a growing company with a fast-paced environment in three Boston locations. We are proud of our excellent product, our three locations located right in the city of Boston, our fabulous employees and our generous employee benefits. Learn more about us at http://www.bostonsalads.com.
Reports to: Assistant Plant Manager and Plant Manager
Status: Hourly; seasonal to start; Non-exempt (OT eligible)
Schedule: Variable hours; position requiring flexibility in scheduling; overtime required
Location: Chesterton Street, Boston
Seasonal employees are not eligible for benefits, except paid sick time after 6 months and the 401(k) Plan after 6 months. Probability of going to regular employment in 60 days with benefits, based on business needs and employee performance.
• Weigh and prepare product for packaging
• Process and package food
• Place product on conveyor belt, in containers or on freezer trays
• Package product and palletize boxes
• Clean machines and keep area clean
• Must follow all GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) — no jewelry, watches, rings,
visible piercings, nothing in pockets/mouth, frequent hand washing, etc.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must have the ability to withstand prolonged exposure to cold temperatures as the
entire plant is refrigerated
• Must be physically able to stand, walk, bend and lift/move up to 50lbs frequently during
• May be asked to work in another location a few blocks away
• Ability to work in a refrigerated environment
• Experience in food manufacturing preferred
• High School Diploma required
• Fluent in English strongly preferred
• Good math skills
• Committed to safety at all times; must follow all food and safety regulations
• Excellent attendance and a team player; can-do attitude
• Boston Salads requires pre-employment and random drug screening
• Refrigerated environment
• Standing for periods of time; walking, reaching, handling objects with hands, lifting up to 30 pounds
• Repetitive motions with hands, arms
• Handling equipment
Please email resume to or request an employment application at email@example.com. Thank you.