Part-time Accounting Assistant to start as soon as possible.
Status: Hourly, part-time
Hours: 20 hours/week, M-F, but some flexibility possible; hours may vary but generally between 10 am–2 pm
Location: 57 Foodmart Road, Boston, MA (near Andrew T station and free parking)
The Accounting Assistant performs a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support
functions as part of Boston Salads’ finance team.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
• General support and administrative tasks
• Filing, copying, faxing, etc.
• Data entry
• Post cash and checks to customer accounts
• Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
• Basic accounts payable functions; sort, code and enter accounts payable data
• Check, verify and process invoices
• Assist with receivables; contact customers by phone or email
• Assist with employee credit card expense reports
• May fill in for other departments from time to time, such as preparing labels for sales
• Other tasks and projects as determined by Supervisor
• High school graduate a must; associate degree in accounting preferred
• 1+ year of accounting or office clerical experience required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office; comfortable on systems; willingness to learn new systems
• Willingness to take on new tasks and activities
• Good follow-through skills; makes sure work is completed
• Dependable; on-time; good attendance
• Extremely reliable with sensitive and confidential information
• Good with numbers and other detail work; good proofer
• Easy to work with; respectful to others
• Communicates well with staff, customers and other business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
• Sit for long periods of time
• Use telephone, computer, copiers
• Lift boxes and files weighing 10-15 pounds
• Bend to file in file cabinets
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Thank you.