Lead Sanitation Tech (Experienced)
Boston Salads/Lighthouse Soups is an innovative creator of healthy, ready to eat deli salads, soups, desserts, entrees and side dishes for the New England region. We are also a New England distributor for Dietz and Watson deli products. We are a growing company with a fast-paced environment. We are proud of our excellent products, our three locations right in the city of Boston, our fabulous employees and our generous employee benefits. Learn more about us and our job openings at http://www.bostonsalads.com/careers.
We are currently seeking a Lead Sanitation Tech for our facilities in Boston. The Lead Sanitation Technician brings pride and high standards to the job and sets an example of cleanliness in our food manufacturing areas and equipment to ensure that all company guidelines and regulatory standards, such as HAACP, SQF, FDA and USDA are met. The Lead Sanitation Technician will train and follow up with others to make sure our high standards are continuous and shared by all.
- Participate in on-going process improvement in operations, work performance standards and sanitation procedures in order to ensure consistency with state and federal regulations and food handling principles
- Disassemble, reassemble, clean and sanitize equipment, tools, plant, etc.
- Dispose of trash and recyclables
- Organize and safely store equipment, chemicals and other maintenance supplies
- Participate in all mandatory paperwork ensuring compliance; ensure required cleaning supplies are on hand
- Conduct inspection audits of food preparation areas, equipment and storage facilities
- Take corrective action to ensure quality control within requirements
- Responsible to minimize waste of food, equipment, and human resources
- Willingly learn and perform other responsibilities as they arise
- Minimum of 2 successful years in Sanitation role in a food business
- High School Diploma
- Speak, read and write English
- Knowledge of HAACP, SQF, FDA, USDA strongly preferred
- Experience training other sanitation staff preferred
- Proficient tracking and compiling data on computers, reading regulations, etc.
- Must be willing to work beyond regular shift, nights as needed since unforeseen situations occur. NO WEEKENDS!
- Must be extremely safety-oriented; dies not cut corners
- Must wear proper protective equipment (PPE), including uniform, guards and steel toe shoes/boots as required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Must be a team player and set a great example; ability to learn and teach others
- Good communicator; comfortable working with all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and pride in accomplishment
We offer excellent wages and generous benefits for hardworking candidates including paid holidays, vacation, 401k with instantly vested match, medical (NOT a high deductible plan), free dental, free short-term disability and free life insurance. Please submit resume via email to email@example.com. Thank you.