Boston Salads/Lighthouse Soups is an innovate creator of healthy, ready to eat deli salads, soups, desserts, entrees and side dishes for the New England region. We are also a New England distributor for Dietz and Watson deli products. We are a growing company with a hectic environment in three Boston locations. We are proud of our excellent product and our manufacturing operation located right in the city of Boston, employing local workers. Learn more about us at http://www.bostonsalads.com.
Reporting to the VP/Controller, the Junior Accountant will manage and be responsible for the accuracy of inventory including raw ingredients and finished goods and the inventory accounting for three locations in Boston. This exempt, salaried role will be primarily located at our corporate offices, but will also spend time at our Chesterton Street ad Newmarket Square locations.
* inventory evaluation
* inventory and lot tracking
* inventory taking and disposition
* ingredients and finished goods
Analysis of inventory turnover
* Only local/regional candidates considered
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting; coursework in inventory and cost accounting highly desirable. NEW GRADS are encouraged to apply.
* 1-2 years of inventory accounting experience highly desired
* Ability to work for any US employer indefinitely without sponsorship
* Hands-on, shirtsleeves approach to work; prepared to work on various levels to bring project up to speed in a highly non-corporate environment
* Ability to work successfully with all levels of employees and get buy-in on new initiatives
* Ability to follow directions, including writing a cover letter for this position
* Extremely accurate; good proofer
* Analytical; likes data and numbers; enjoys finding solutions to problems
* Extremely productive; produces a high volume of work; digs in
* Team player, willing to pitch in and help others; friendly but not chatty
Boston Salads & Provisions, Inc. offers super benefits including Tufts HMO (NOT a high-deductible plan) with modest employee premiums, free dental plan, free life insurance, free short- and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with an instantly vested match, 2 weeks vacation in your first year and FREE PARKING. We are also a 14 minute walk from Andrew Station on Red Line T.