The Accounting Internship at Boston Salads/Lighthouse Soups provides an undergraduate with an opportunity to learn about a successful, fast growing manufacturing business located in the heart of the city. The Accounting Intern participates in projects, develops skills, creates new ideas, makes professional connections and contributes to a team. As Accounting Intern, you will be reporting to the Vice President, Controller. This is a 6-10 hour per week internship starting as soon as practicable.
BOSTON SALADS’ administrative offices are a 12-14-minute walk from Andrew Station and we have free parking.
* Work with VP, Controller on various projects and upgrades to the Navision database (Microsoft NAV); work as a team with our Accounting group and others in the organization
* Assist in the monthly financial statement close process
* Preparation of account analysis and reconciliations
* Processing and reviewing transaction details to ensure accounting accuracy
* Analyze and document significant business processes
* Review and test internal control process
* Investigate discrepancies
* Provide assistance with other ad hoc requests and projects as needed
* Office environment
* Normal office hours
* Candidate for a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business (minimum 15-18 hours of accounting); ideally junior or senior
* Eligible to work for any employer in the US indefinitely without sponsorship
* Previous work experience in an accounting or finance-related environment
* Extremely hands-on with systems and computers
* Analytical; good in math; good in Excel; detail driven
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Polished communicator; respectful; professional demeanor
* Willing to roll up sleeves and help out where it is needed
Please email cover letter (required) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.