Accounting Assistant (Part-time)
The Accounting Assistant performs a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions as part of Boston Salads’ finance team. Ultimately you will help our accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all accounting transactions.
Status: Hourly, part-time Hours: 20 hours per week, M-F, but some flexibility possible; hours may vary but generally between 9 – 2 pm.
Location: 57 Foodmart Road, Boston (near Andrew T station and free parking)
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- General support and administrative tasks
- Filing, copying, faxing, handling mail, etc.
- Data entry
- Assist with payroll; fill-in on payroll on Accountant’s vacations, etc.
- Post cash and checks to customer accounts
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
- Basic accounts payable functions; sort, code and enter accounts payable data
- Check, verify and process invoices
- Assist with receivables; contact customers by phone or email
- Assist with employee credit card expense reports and reimbursements
- May fill in for other departments from time to time, such as preparing labels for sales
- Other tasks and projects as determined by Supervisor
- High school graduate a must; associate degree in accounting preferred
- 1+ year of accounting clerical/data experience required
- Experience with ADP payroll highly desirable, but will train
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; comfortable on systems; willingness to learn new systems
- Good with numbers and other detail work; good proofer
- Willingness to take on new tasks and activities
- Good follow-through skills; makes sure work is completed
- Dependable; on-time; good attendance
- Extremely reliable with sensitive and confidential information
- Easy to work with; respectful to others
- Communicates well with staff and customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Sit for long periods of time
- Use telephone, computer, copiers
- Lift boxes and files weighing 10-15 pounds
- Bend to file in file cabinets
- Walk 500 feet to get mail from external mailbox
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Only candidates who provide a cover letter can be considered. Thank you.